Sanju Pradhan gets Apollo Tyres Go The Distance Heroes Award

Gangtok: Indian International footballer from Sikkim, Sanju Pradhan was honored with Apollo Tyres "Go the Distance Heroes Award" on Tuesday. 

Through the Go The Distance Heroes campaign, Apollo Tyres aims to profile and gratify personalities who are positively impacting the Indian sporting ecosystem by creating access to sport for the community.

Sanju has been chosen this year due to the work he has put in at "Sanju Football Academy." An Academy launched in his name in 2013 with the support of some like minded people from Sombaria, his home village. This Centre has been imparting quality football training to the boys from some remote parts of West Sikkim. 

"I am very grateful to Apollo Tyres for choosing me as their Go The Distance Hero and giving me this Award. I dedicate this to all the football lovers of Sikkim as I think this award is not just for me but for my home state of Sikkim as well. It's always nice to be appreciated for the good work you  are doing and the award has motivated me further to keep on working hard to promote football in my state of Sikkim especially at places where it's hard for the kids to get good football coaching" Said Sanju Pradhan. 

The boys from the Academy play in various tournament in Sikkim and along with the neighboring hills of Darjeeling. They were also taken for exposure trips to Himachal Pradesh and Odisha a few years back. 

"I want to thank everyone who has helped me in running the Sanju Football Academy, especially my core team members who are the backbone and I consider myself fortunate to have people like them in the Academy". Concluded Sanju Pradhan. 

It might be mentioned here Star Sports on Tuesday evening presented a video presentation about Sanju Football Academy before the Indian Super League match between Mohun Bagan and North East United.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RONGO GOLD CUP

Hill Boys United- A Brief Story

Chandra Kumar Rai, A Modest Coach